Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Scream Like A Little Girl

So, Katrina is back in CT now, and I finally get to feel the earth move under my feet. The Island got hit by quake at about 6 am this morning. The epicenter was actually on the island, just a few miles from my condo, not off in the ocean like they usually are. Having never felt one, I thought it was cool as I bounced around in my bed. Until it didn't stop and I could hear the rumbling sound from it. Then the building swayed a bit and before I knew it I was in the door jam thinking "If I have to, I can balcony-jump to the pool when the building starts to fall." It's only 7 floors and the shallow end below.

Fortunately, it stopped as i finished that thought and went back to sleep after an hour or so. US Geo site listed it as a 5.4 Not enough to take a building down, but definitely enough to take down a guys ego.

No comments: