Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's an Empty-Box-of-Tissue Kind of Morning :..(


It's a gorgeous monday morning here in Guam and I am sad. Football is on and the sun is warm outside, yet my nose is runny and my eyes are watery and red.

Maggie is gone. It seems cliche to say how unique and special a dog was. Yet, anybody who ever met Maggie and had her jump up and nap in their lap, or play "tag" with her would know that it wasn't cliche. She never chased a ball. She actually did play "tag". She never growled. Never. She woofed only when she needed somebody to open a door. She was precious and gentle as could be, to the point where it was kinda silly. If God ever made a more perfect furry companion, I would be stunned to hear it.

I was really looking forward to playing with her when I went home next month. I hadn't seen her since Christmas time, when I took these pics of her. I didn't realize how much I would treasure them as they're the only pics we have of her that I know of. Sleep well BabyDog. Your Boy misses you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! i'm sorry to hear that maggie is gone. she definitely was one of the sweetest dogs ever!

big hugs from the fullers!

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about Maggie. She was such a sweetie. We miss you both tremendously and can't wait till you come back!!!!

Love-Melissa and Will