Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Odds and Ends

Stephen's random blog stuff...

We bought a used TV from the sketchiest dude I've ever met. Some crazy looking (maybe white supremecist?) guy who is moving to the philippines (pedophile?) and who is still pissed that somebody stole his rotweiler. Just happy to get a cheap TV and not get too close to him.

Finished my Scuba license. Certified to 60 feet deep. I might try another level in the near future to dive some different kind of specialty dives like wrecks, or night or 100' deep.
The currents are vicious out here. Riptides and longshores that you can see clearly. Ever see a wave going out to sea? Freaky stuff.

Going for our first bike ride today!!!!! I wonder if there is a road rash equivalent out here....Coral Contusion, perhaps. I think coral will hurt more, and I hope to not find out.

That stupid Honda civic that we got such a great deal on is really making me angry. Serves me right for buying from some Chamorro punk. We got the brakes fixed (which we knew about), when the radiator blew, and that's when we found out the left front axle is on it's way out very quickly. Pretty sweet ride. Well, at least it's nearly impossible to get parts out here. That's nice.
Never got charged for the rental car "incidents". I guess Karma does come back around again.

Welcome to planet earth, Kelcie. Make sure you give your new parents a fun ride. Looking forward to meeting you around your first birthday. Hopefully you'll be over the screaming stage that lots of you newcomers enjoy by then :).....Maybe you can team up with the other newcomer for a duet every now and again!

Going to Honolulu in a few days. Should have some pictures (and maybe a Civic front left axle) to bring back.

Off for the bike ride along the coast. I've been looking forward to this ride since we got here.

We got a phone number for the US that can call anybody for FREE. If anybody wants to call and chat, drop me an email at my aol.com account and i'll send you the phone number. You can call and say hi and tell us to call you back. Oh, but make sure we know who you are. No caller ID out here.
Stay Classy, Connecticut (and other select New England states)

No comments: